United Way of Hays & Caldwell Counties, together with our community partners, advances the common good by investing in and developing programs that address critical needs in education, income/financial stability and health in Hays and Caldwell Counties. These are the building blocks of a good life: a quality education, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health. By bringing together people and resources to address these issues, and by attacking their underlying causes, we hope to make lasting, fundamental change-for everyone.
Is what you are doing today working to create a lasting change for tomorrow?
Be the change you wish to see in your community!
UWHCC Impact Goals and Potential Partnerships
United Way of Hays & Caldwell Counties Impact Goals articulate what UWHCC intends to achieve when investing community dollars.
Helping children and youth achieve their potential through education.
- Increase percentage of children who enter school (kindergarten) ready to learn.
- Increase percentage of children reading on grade level by 3rd grade
- Increase percentage of young people graduating from high school on time.
Helping families become financially stable and independent.
- Increase income and assets, as well as job training for improved employability.
- Help families meet transitional basic needs
Improving people’s health.
- Increase access to quality primary care (prenatal thru adult).
- Increase access to prevention programs
- Decrease the rate of obesity in Hays County, both in children and adults