To improve the lives of Hays County residents by mobilizing the caring power of our community in the areas of Education, Income and Health.
It is our vision to build a stronger Hays County by mobilizing our community to improve people's lives. To do this we will:
- Energize and inspire people to make a difference
- Craft human care agendas within and across our communities
- Build coalitions around these agendas
- Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts
- Ensure that these investments have measurable, recognizable impact
- Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
United Way of Hays County Impact Goals articulate what UWHC intends to achieve when investing community dollars.
Helping children and youth achieve their potential through education.
Increase percentage of children who enter school (kindergarten) ready to learn.
Increase percentage of children reading on grade level by 3rd grade
Increase percentage of young people graduating from high school on time.
Helping families become financially stable and independent.
Increase income and assets, as well as job training for improved employability.
Help families meet transitional basic needs
Improving people’s health.
Increase access to quality primary care (prenatal thru adult).
Increase access to prevention programs
Decrease the rate of obesity in Hays County, both in children and adults