- Home Page
- What We Do
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
- Partner Agencies
- En Español
What We Do
United Way of Hays County, together with our community partners, advances the common good by investing in and developing programs that address Hays County’s critical needs in education, income/financial stability and health.
These are the building blocks of a good life: a quality education, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
By bringing together people and resources to address these issues, and by attacking their underlying causes, we hope to make lasting, fundamental change-for everyone.
Is what you are doing today working to create a lasting change for tomorrow?
Be the change you wish to see in your community!
2013 UWHC Impact Goals and Potential Partnerships
United Way of Hays County Impact Goals articulate what UWHC intends to achieve when investing community dollars. Applicants must demonstrate in the Community Investment Grant Application Questionnaire how their project or program will help achieve one or more of the following UWHC Impact Goals
Helping children and youth achieve their potential through education.
- Increase percentage of children who enter school (kindergarten) ready to learn.
- Increase percentage of children reading on grade level by 3rd grade
- Increase percentage of young people graduating from high school on time.
Helping families become financially stable and independent.
- Increase income and assets, as well as job training for improved employability.
- Help families meet transitional basic needs
Improving people’s health.
- Increase access to quality primary care (prenatal thru adult).
- Increase access to prevention programs
- Decrease the rate of obesity in Hays County, both in children and adults